Ski-in & Ski-out at the best Place to stay in Olympic Valley
Getting to the Olympic Valley Location
From Reno/Tahoe International AirportTake 395 north to the Interstate 80 exit west, following signs for Sacramento. Travel on I-80 west for about 30 miles to Truckee, and take the highway 89 exit south following signs for Palisades Tahoe and Tahoe City. After 8 miles, turn right at the stop light onto Olympic Valley Road. Follow Olympic Valley Road two miles. The road will make a sweeping left turn and just ahead is the ski area. Turn right at the stop sign onto Shirley Canyon Road. Palisades Tahoe Lodge is just ahead on the left side of the street.
From the San Francisco Bay AreaTake Interstate 80 east. Follow I-80 for approximately 3 hours or until you reach the town of Truckee. Take the second Truckee Exit, Highway 89 south. Please refer to the directions from Truckee.
From Southern California (Los Angeles)Take Interstate 5 north to Sacramento. Take Interstate 80 east. Follow I-80 for approximately 2 hours or until you reach the town of Truckee. Take the second Truckee Exit, Highway 89 south. Please refer to the directions from Truckee.
From Truckee AirportFrom Airport Road, take a right on Highway 267, turn left at the first stop light onto Brockway Road and go approximately 1.5 miles. As you approach the train tracks in downtown Truckee, take a left on West River Street and follow for approximately 2-3 miles. Take a left on Highway 89 and refer to directions from Truckee.
From TruckeeAfter 8 miles south on Highway 89, turn right at the stop light onto Olympic Valley Road. Follow Olympic Valley Road two miles. The road will make a sweeping left turn and just ahead is the ski area. Turn right at the stop sign onto Shirley Canyon Road located between the Cable Car building and PlumpJack Inn. Palisades Tahoe Lodge is just ahead on the left side of the street.
Palisades Tahoe Lodge refers several different transportation outlets and airport shuttle service (for more information, call 530-583-5500 Ext.0.).
1. Tahoe Sierra Transportation, a private car service by reservation, specializing in trips to and from the Reno Airport. Service also includes Truckee, Olympic Valley and North Lake Tahoe (530-550-5500).
2. North Lake Tahoe Express, offering daily airport shuttle service to the North Lake Tahoe and Truckee region and the Reno/Tahoe International Airport (866-216-5222).
Free, on-demand shuttle servicing Palisades Tahoe.
HOW IT WORKS
Follow these simple steps to get started and request your ride.
1. Download the Mountaineer app, available on iTunes Store or Google Play Stores. Click here to download or use the QR code below.
2. Using the app, request a ride. You can add other parameters, like number of people or special assistance requests, as needed. The vans are 4WD and they seat up to nine passengers.
3. Take Mountaineer to your desired location within Olympic Valley (Palisades) or Alpine Meadows (Alpine). You can summon Mountaineer from anywhere within each valley, and Mountaineer will take you wherever you need to go at either mountain.